SHoP is not your typical architecture firm, and we do not submit typical proposals. We are currently seeking a talented, visionary, and motivated candidate to join our Marketing team. The primary role of this position is to work with our marketing team to be involved with office’s RFP/RFQ responses, from conceptualization to final execution. Additional responsibilities of this position may also include sector analysis and working with the Principals and department to shape and execute the company’s goals, depending on the candidate’s background and experience level. The ideal candidate has strong writing skills as well as a great design sensibility, with an understanding of the power of the intersection of the two in developing a message. We are looking for someone who is excited about telling our story and representing our firm, who exhibits enthusiasm for the proposal process.
Title, responsibilities, and salary will be commensurate with education, professional experience and demonstrated knowledge.
This is NOT an architectural design position, anyone interested in a design position should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A great attitude! Enthusiasm and excitement about the job is important to us, for us, and for you
- An interest in architectural design; we want you to enjoy the work you are marketing
- Self-motivated, extremely organized driven, and embraces responsibility
- Effective in team leadership and time management with the ability to juggle competing priorities
- Works well collaboratively with our team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including consensus building
- A great eye for design, detail and layout
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing in architecture, or a related field (coordinator)
- 5-10 years of experience in marketing in architecture, or a related field (manager)
- An in-depth familiarity with the RFP/RFQ processes
- Familiarity with consultant team-building
- Understanding of print and production procedures and services
- Proficiency in the following software:
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft software: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Responsibilities (responsibilities vary depending on position)
- Proposal Strategy and Content
- Coordinate proposal selection
- Oversee proposal from the moment it comes in the door, to the moment it goes out the door, maintaining the SHoP standard and brand in all aspects of the proposal
- Develop concept for response to each client's identity, needs, and the specific goals and aspirations of the project brief with Principals as well as Project Managers
- Allocate team resources to specific proposal production tasks (graphic designers and coordinators)
- Oversee consultant team formation and coordination
- Direct involvement in the written strategic response and content for the proposals
- Analyze architectural design markets and competitive landscape
- Work with the Principals and department to shape and execute the company’s goals
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Susan Heiser, email@example.com (including ‘Marketing Position’ as the subject line). Please include a specific cover letter exhibiting your interest in the position and being a part of the SHoP team.